To Be In Love



The first day of my vacation began with a strange sense of enthusiasm....the enthusiasm to explore this newly found freedom I had been missing for almost a year. The feeling of class twelve getting over is just awesome. Words are just too less to describe the feeling that ran through me when I knew that I am a free bird again. No rules to follow, no bells to decide my routine and above all no alarm to wake me in the morning.

I wanted to feel the brush of the cool winter breeze against my cheeks, I wanted to let my hair fall free… just to be blown by the wind, I wanted to stare at nowhere and just get lost, I felt like flying without wings everywhere, to flutter away with the light feeling of a feather. Anxiety stole all hunger from me and I began my day with a warm coffee and absolutely no breakfast. After that I checked out my Facebook just to see ‘what was up!’

But my day took a marvelous U-turn when I met someone. She was elder to me and not new. A person whom I knew already but got to know by heart only that day. Our talks began on neutral topics and it shifted to love. A favorite topic of the teenagers but a very uncomfortable one with an elder. I kept my opinions neutral and I did not say those things that I normally do with my friends. She talked to me all about herself and narrated me a beautiful love story. The love story of her life. I was not reading a fairytale, nor was I watching a romantic movie but I was into something much more pleasurable- I was listening to the story of love from someone who had been madly in love, who had broken the rules which she still feels was worth it and most importantly she is living with the love of her life.
A cozy family where everyone one gets adapted before they realize it, a family filled with laughter and a warm radiating atmosphere of love which I often get envious of. It was not these that reached my heart, it was the glow in her eyes that touched me in its purest forms. It touched me and left a mark, a mark that I would cherish now and forever. At first I felt a strange sense of barrier between both of us but as the talk went on, the ice melted away. I felt like I was with my friend who was sharing about her recent crush to me. I saw my elder friend become young by years when she was narrating those stories.

Her eyes glistened with each memory that she narrated me and as the topic shifted to the person she loved… those glistening eyes got filled with love, affection, admiration and respect. It was love, just love in its most pure form ever, those cute eyes lined with kohl did not betray the warmth of the feelings she was sharing with me. For me those eyes marveled me and left me dumbstruck for a while. I was amazed by the sincere love in her eyes which demanded nothing but gave away everything that she proudly held as hers. Never had I ever seen such sort of charm, brightness or glow in anyone's eyes before. My heart was overwhelmed with admiration towards that couple who shared their life as one and just knew how to love each other unconditionally.

The day was coming to an end and I reluctantly left her and made my way towards home. My heart was brimming up with emotions and brain was trying hard to figure out the hazy and jumbled up thoughts. All the way home I was brooding...I was making my brain to work on something very much different from the monotonous chemistry equations, physics derivations or math’s formulae. My brain and heart were literally on a battle front and this time my heart won it.
How wrong I was to say that fairy tales does not exist, how wrong I was when I argued that 21st century had no great love stories and how stupid I was when I said that true love only exists in history. She engulfed me into her world and there I got to see a new place where everything was different from my imaginations. Her words restored in me the long lost belief in love. The feeling that I felt was a vestigial part of my life and now I realize how beautiful it is, how beautiful it is to be in love. There is no other feeling in this entire world gives you the pleasure of saying that you are in love. Wow ....I want to hug her and tell her that she is someone whom I admire the most, she is now that part in me that can never be snatched by anyone. The words and memories I shared with her in a single day will be treasured in a safe corner of my heart where it would not fade away or get murky with time. That memory is eternal......I still remember vividly how she smiled when she spoke, that smile revealed nothing but pure innocence and it even brought a smile on my face. I can’t tell in words how beautiful it was to be with her, speaking to each other about a subject which I considered was taboo had it been with someone else.

I should revisit my article on fairytale....as my views are all altered and changed now. Somewhere in this world there is a paradise where love stories get fulfilled and they all live happily ever after.....Maybe even I have a prince charming in this world who is trying to make his way towards me on a white horse.....quite dreamy but I would like to believe that it is true no matter what.
Love stories are eternal they truly are and so is love, if it is pure.

Comments

  1. wen u said dat this is one of ur favo, i dint expect dz to b a gem!!!! juz luvd d way u narrated it n i can feel d luv of dat lady n can c hw she smiled !!! sucha wonderful journey of luv!!!

    age won't play a vital role in luv, its our inner soul wich script d story! best luv stories wil cum frm a heart wich can survive & tackle d barrier called EGO… E go!!! :D

    'm happy dat i got d missing piece in me n nw wit dat i feel cmplt!!! i knw this sounds stupid, bt yeah i really wanna say her dat, nothing els is more intrstn dan ma lil gal for did big panda !!! :D :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment