Paradise In A Junk Yard



 “Ammuuuu…why don’t you keep your things in place and for god’s sake please tidy up your room!!”my mother yelled at the mess I had made up in my pink girly room which she most of the time compared with a junk yard.
"Yes mom I’ll do that “I replied using the same phrase I always do. As a matter of fact I never do it, and that adds extra heat to the already boiling temper of my mother. As soon as she went out of the room I let out a sharp sigh at the lie I just told without any hesitation. Just to respect those words I threw the sweet wrapper inside the brimming dustbin which could hardly hold one more thing in it. As always I pushed the paper inside and closed it shut. For a moment I ran my eyes around the waste that had surrounded me from all the corners. But strangely I liked it that way…messy and dirty.
For an outsider my room is and would always be a junk yard but for me it is my own paradise. When my mother enters this room all she can get is stink and all she sees is the garbage lying everywhere but after a long tiring day in the school when I enter my room…I get the fragrance of freedom and all I see is my world- a place designed only for me. My room is the place where I get to be myself, I don’t have to pretend to be someone else and I can n spent the rest of my day being myself. Here I don’t have to change according to anyone’s desire and I can just be ‘me’.  I can let my thoughts run wild and there is room for all kinds of bizarre wishes. I can dance to all kinds of jazzy songs, I can sing any song with my all-so-beautiful voice and I can carelessly jump about. There is no one to point fingers at me, no one to scold me or criticize me and above all no one to see me.
Even my tears feel free to just flow down my cheeks once I am hurt or just sad. I don’t have to explain anything to anyone here. All these help me to know the real me which is hidden behind a mask I have woven for the world. A mask behind which my true self hides secretly…and my room is the only place I get to seek my true self.
It’s my world and it’s me- messy, disorganized, and hazy. So how can it be a junk yard? It totally depends on a person. A junk yard can be made a paradise if you just work on it. I proudly call my dirty room a great place to be in because here I find solace which I don’t find anywhere else.

Comments

  1. Haha...loved this sis...reminds me of all those times mom used to yell at us!!
    Those hapazard study tables, the way every single cloth fell off the rack when we wanted the last one in the row..lol....
    miss those days together...n yeah mom 's scoldings too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes like you said a junk yard can become a paradise & for me my bed is the paradise in this hostel in a room shared with 2 others....a bed which has been the mute witness to the plethora of emotions that has gone through me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment