Forever Unrequited


I scribble down my love for you
Each word martyrs of my passion
I bleed through the lines
It takes a lifetime almost
And at last it's done
Beneath my ribs I feel that painful heart
Bearing immense burden
The burden of my love for you
I cling onto the memories there never had been
I ache at those murderously handsome smiles you threw
Knowing none were on my account
I weep, I crumble, I long
From the pool of tears I rise again
Strong enough
And immune to your smile
Yet the aching heart beats
It forms a tune
Of that of melancholy
It resonates throughout the room
Suffocated, I run away
With the words embedded into the white sheet
I tear them into tiny bits
Blood dripping from every bit
I send it along with the wind
Letting it escape into unknown horizons
My love flies and floats
All along in the free air
Looking at the gleaming diamond on my ring finger
I heave a sigh...
I let you pass, freeing you from this aching heart
Still, I wonder
Were you too oblivious
Or did you know it all along
I trudge back into that room
And oh, i hear that tune of melancholy playing again
The tune of my love for you

The tune of my unrequited love for you.

Comments